Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
As a Information Governance - Advisoryou’ll join a team who are focused on delivering impeccable customer service to our staff and service users / continuous improvement through the use of technology and innovation, to support the delivery of Information Governance ensuring that standardsare commensurate of those set out within the Data Security & Protection Toolkit and comply with UK Data Protection lawsto really make our service users and staff feel the difference.
The role will be providing Information Governance support to Specialised Services which will cover Primary Care, Sexual Health, Dermatology, Prison Health and MSK.
The Information Governance (IG) Advisor is responsible for promoting good IG practices which are aligned to the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT), the ICO Accountability Framework (AF), UK Data Protection laws and other areas within the IG Framework.
This list is intended to summarise the key responsibilities and is not intended to cover every task that may be required of the role.
- This list is intended to summarise the key responsibilities and is not intended to cover every task that may be required of the role.
- To provide day to day management of the Information Governance (IG) agenda for Specialised Services.
- Provide timely advice and guidance to colleagues that aligns to IG policies and procedures and supports the Business Units needs and strategies.
- Be a positive ambassador for Information Governance and promote awareness and best practice to internal and external stakeholders of all levels;
- Consider data protection by design and default for the efficient management and effective use of information and knowledge assets, in line with legal requirements and NHS initiatives.
- To proactively support the central IG Team with the management of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit, Information Governance framework and annual work programmes to ensure consistency of approach and good practice across the organisation;
- Act as person responsible for obtaining, collating and providing relevant evidence for the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT) on behalf of the designated services;
- Proactively manage information incidents raised by colleagues through the incident reporting system, providing prompt mitigation advice, identifying trends and weaknesses in processes so improvements can be made. Where necessary provide incident response training or organisation learning sessions;
- Ensure that any potentially reportable incidents or are escalated to the Data Protection Officer and Business Unit senior leadership team in a timely manner and monitor compliance with reporting timescales;
- Monitor the achievements of improvement plans performance against the Data Security and Protection Toolkit requirements and ensure that this is reported to the senior management team through the IG Business Unit Feedback process;
- Maintain and promptly update KPI’s, risks and other activity that falls within the IG Framework;
- Activity engage with the Business Unit(s) to identify projects and initiatives that may require data protection input;
- Using our privacy management portal, provide efficient IG support and guidance to projects to ensure all activities are developed with data protection by design and default. This may include supporting the completion of data protection impact assessments, maintaining records of data processing activities, data processor due diligence and updating local privacy notices;
- Support mobilisations and exits where directed, following the project plan to ensure Information Governance practices are followed;
- Provide Information Governance training support and advice to staff as required and actively and positively promote the IG Quality and Safety training to encourage colleagues to meet the 95% annual compliance figure;
- Ensure timely reporting of compliance and risk, through the risk logs, exception reporting, business unit reports and any commissioner requested reporting;
- Attend at SMT and IG related meetings where required, internal and externally fostering positive relationships with all stakeholders;
- Provide expert advice and guidance to our DSAR Champions, Subject Access Officers and other colleagues in relation to disclosures including the use of the OneTrust DSAR Portal, Subject Access requests and other data subject rights. Where directed review and respond to data protection complaints.
- Maintain an awareness of all aspects of legislation, national guidance and policy relating to Information Governance and specifically the new data protection laws
You will be based primarily from home with a requirement to visit services a few times a year.
The Ideal Candidate
BCS Data Protection Qualification, Certified GDPR/DPA Training, Information Governance Certificate for Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification or at least 3 yearsIG experience within a health and social care environment and particularly within specialised services.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
You will feel valued as aInformation Governance Advisorwithin HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- Between £35,000 - £40,000 FTE(Depending on Experience)and access to our group pension
- Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
- MyWellness– a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Access to Reward Gateway- our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Leisure Vouchers
- We are pleased to offer access toWagestream-which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- 25 days holidayplus Bank Holidays.
- Access to arange of courses and e-learningto develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culturewith the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with100%of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by theCare Quality Commission
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006 by our Chief Executive Dr Vivienne McVey and like-minded colleagues, we are one of the UK’s leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services.
From around 500 locations across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year– guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
HCRG Care Groupis committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, youngpeopleand vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
From 11 November 21, as a result of new legislation, anyone over the age of 18 who enters a Care Home as part of their job must have had both doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or hold a valid medical exemption. As part of our pre-employmentprocesswe will therefore ask you to provide: * proof of your vaccination status via the NHS Covid Pass (either electronically or via the PDF) * A signed copy of the temporary medical exemptionform.Further details about the legislation can be found on the government website.
- Job Description - Specialised Services.docx